The information competent student:
- Determines the nature and extent of the information needed by using sources that are appropriate to the assignment such as scholarly journals and books.
- Finds and uses search tools effectively and efficiently using a search strategy using keywords, synonyms or subject headings.
- Locates and obtains the information.
- Critically evaluates the information before using it by evaluating information for reliability, validity, accuracy, authority, timeliness and perspective or bias.
- Organizes, synthesizes, integrates and ethically/legally applies the information.
We will touch on elements of all these competencies in our instruction session.