Our library session today will introduce you to some of the information resources we have at Pearsall Library, including print and electronic resources to help you find the answers you need. The ability to locate information efficiently and use it effectively is essential to your success, not only in school, but throughout your life.
At NC Wesleyan, we believe the successful student should be able to:
1. Determine the nature and extent of the information needed.
2. Find and use search tools effectively, efficiently.
3. Locate and obtain the information.
4. Critically evaluate the information retrieved before using it.
5. Organize, Synthesize, integrate, and ethically/legally apply information.
We hope to help you build these critical skills. Remember, however, that the library staff are here to help you. Just ask us!