← See the full document provided by Dr. Wyatt attached to the left of this box for:
an explanation of the components of the Research Paper Project, which includes the research question, bibliography, rough draft and final paper.
an explanation of the elements of your paper which should include a clear research question, the rationale, background and relevant literature and discussion.
Sample Topics (You’ll have to come up with your specific research question)
- bureaucracy in work
- college and jobs
- combined individual and family life cycles - i. homemakers/home production ii. sandwich generation iii. empty nest/retirement
- discrimination in work
- fair trade
- free trade
- Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
- household division of labor
- industry-specific issues: i. agriculture – factory farming/corporate farming/agribusiness ii. automotive industry iii. mining/fracking iv. textiles v. forestry and environmental issues
- Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act of 2009
- minimum wage increases
- nation-specific work practices (refer to chapter 16 of your text) .
- self-actualization in work
- service industry and service economy
- sexual harrassment
- social mobility
- technology in the workplace
- transnational/multinational corporations and labor (TNCs/MNCs)
- unions (specific unions: AFL-CIO, Teamsters, etc.)
- work satisfication