Full term paper guidelines are in the document attached below. ↓
Students will search databases, electronic books and web sites using topic relevant vocabulary in order to retrieve materials that are on-topic and credible.
← See the full document provided by Dr. Wyatt attached to the left of this box for:
Sample Topics (You’ll have to come up with your specific research question)
NC Wesleyan College has taken on INFORMATION LITERACY as the focus of its Quality Enhancement Plan or QEP which is required for SACS reaccreditation. Wesleyan has chosen to focus on strengthening student information literacy skills because these skills are critical for your success as a student and in your lives and careers.
So what do we mean by Information Literacy? Information Literacy encompasses the ability to recognize the need for information, and to locate, evaluate, organize, interpret, and communicate information in all formats.
The information competent student:
1. Determines the nature and extent of the information needed.
2. Finds and uses search tools effectively, efficiently.
3. Locates and obtains the information.
4. Critically evaluates the information retrieved before using it.
5. Organizes, Synthesizes, integrates, and ethically/legally applies information.