Students will use the appropriate Business databases and websites to find background information on the businesses they are evaluating.
Our library session today will introduce you to Business databases and websites that will be useful to you in doing Business research.
Wesleyan College Information Competencies
The ability to locate information efficiently and use it effectively is an essential factor in the success of our graduates’ personal and professional lives. For students to be successful at Wesleyan and in their lives and careers, it is essential that they develop information literacy skills. These include the ability to recognize the need for information, and to locate, evaluate, organize, interpret, and communicate information in all formats.
The information competent student:
1. Determines the nature and extent of the information needed.
2. Finds and uses search tools effectively, efficiently.
3. Locates and obtains the information.
4. Critically evaluates the information retrieved before using it.
5. Organizes, Synthesizes, integrates, and ethically/legally applies information.