Use the links below to request an item through Interlibrary Loan:
For information about Interlibrary Loan, contact Grace Wallace or another library staff member at (252) 985-5350.
What is ILL?
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a free service for all currently enrolled students, as well as college faculty and staff. ILL provides access to thousands of other library collections across the United States. If there is any book or article that Pearsall Library does not own, you can request it through the online forms. We will then contact other libraries who own the requested material and provide you with a book or photocopy of an article that you can use. We do not extend interlibrary loan services to public borrowers except in unusual circumstances.
How long does it take?
Approximately 7 to 10 business days for books and 2 to 7 business days for articles.
Who can use ILL?
- Students, faculty, and staff at the Rocky Mount campus who need items that we not in the NCWC Library collection
- Students, faculty, and staff at Wesleyan's distance campuses who need items from the Pearsall Library or from other libraries. Users at our campuses in Brunswick, Greenville, Manteo, New Bern, Washington, and Wilmington should first check with the library at the community college hosting our campus to see whether they have the needed resources.
- If you are in Rocky Mount, please check the library catalog to make sure Wesleyan does not own the item before you make a request.
- Please do not use abbreviations for titles.
- Please proofread your request for spelling and accurate citation information. Please submit a separate form for each request.
- Students and faculty in Rocky Mount should pick up and return interlibrary loans at the library circulation desk. Faculty and students from the Goldsboro or Raleigh-Durham campuses should return materials to that campus office or mail them to the main campus using the mailing label that is provided. Articles do not need to be returned, they are yours to keep.
- Return your materials by the due date. If you need to renew a book received through ILL, contact Grace Wallace at least two days before the due date to request a renewal. If materials are not returned on time, you may be charged an overdue fee. You are responsible for any fines incurred for late returns or lost or damaged books.